Glenn Maxwell Rushed to Hospital After ‘Big Night Out’ in Adelaide


Last Updated: January 22, 2024, 14:22 IST

Glenn Maxwell is reportedly back in training. (AFP Photo)

Glenn Maxwell is reportedly back in training. (AFP Photo)

Australia allrounder Glenn Maxwell was reportedly watching Brett Lee’s band before the incident.

Australia cricketer Glenn Maxwell is under investigation after being rushed to the hospital following a ‘big night out’ in Adelaide on Friday.

According to multiple reports in Australian media, Maxwell was taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital by ambulance on January 19 but didn’t spend the night.

However, he’s  reportedly back in training for the West Indies T20Is scheduled to be played next month.

Also Read: Donald Backs Markram to Captain South Africa Across Formats

Prior to the incident, the 35-year-old was watching Brett Lee’s band Six and Out in a pub.

Cricket Australia (CA) is aware of the development and has launched investigation.

Before heading to the pub, Maxwell made an appearance at a golf event in Adelaide.

According to a report in 7News, CA has denied that Maxwell’s exclusion in squad for the three-match ODI series was related to the incident. The allrounder was though earlier part of the initial 13-man squad.

Maxwell has been involved in freak incidents in the past two years that saw him injuring his leg during a birthday party. During the 2023 ODI World Cup, he fell from a golf cart and was diagnosed with concussion resulting in him missing a game.

However, upon his return, he scored a stunning double-century against Afghanistan starring in a remarkable chase while battling cramps.

Last week, Maxwell reportedly told his teammates he’s stepping away from the captaincy of his BBL team Melbourne Stars after they failed to make it to the finals.

“We left our run in someone else’s hands which is never what you want to do in this game,” Maxwell told Fox Cricket.

“After the first couple of years, having so much dominance and not being able to get over that final hurdle, it feels like the last four years out of finals contention is quite frustrating. We feel like we’ve had a good enough list, probably haven’t had enough luck with injuries and timing, replacements and it just all seems to compound on itself,” he added.

Australia on Monday announced 13-man squad giving maiden ODI call-ups to  Xavier Bartlett and Jake Fraser-McGurk.

The world champions have rested the fast bowling trio of Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood for the series as well.

Australia ODI squad: Steven Smith (captain), Sean Abbott, Xavier Bartlett, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Lance Morris, Matt Short, Adam Zampa



Source link

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *